Travel and Explore Arizona
- Arizona fire restrictions for Memorial Day weekend: What campers need to knowby Arizona Republic on May 25, 2022 at 10:56 pm
National forests and other public lands in Arizona are restricting where fires are allowed. Here's what to know before you head to the woods.
- Cruising Nova Scotia and eastern Canada: Lighthouses, whale watching and historyby Arizona Republic on May 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Explore cities and small towns and learn about the Titanic and Swissair Flight 111 disasters while sailing Nova Scotia with American Queen Voyages.
- Cruising Nova Scotia and eastern Canada: Halifax, Peggy's Cove and more photosby Arizona Republic on May 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Here's what passengers will see when cruising on American Queen Voyages' Ocean Voyager from New England to Halifax.
- Here are the best pool parties and day clubs at Phoenix, Scottsdale hotels this summerby Arizona Republic on May 25, 2022 at 12:03 am
Phoenix and Scottsdale hotels are turning up the heat this summer with music-filled pool parties and day clubs. Here's what's on the scene in 2022.
- Memorial Day 2022 last-minute getaways: Best Arizona road trips for the holiday weekendby Arizona Republic on May 24, 2022 at 6:04 pm
From Monument Valley to Horseshoe Bend to Bisbee, these seven destinations show off some of Arizona's most scenic and unexpected things to do.
- Cool Arizona cabins to rent this summer: Photosby Arizona Republic on May 24, 2022 at 1:01 pm
From Pinetop to Flagstaff to Sedona to Greer, there's a wealth of cool cabins to rent in Arizona this summer. Here are some favorites.
- 10 places to rent a cool cabin in Arizona this summer: Flagstaff, Pinetop, Sedona and moreby Arizona Republic on May 24, 2022 at 1:00 pm
From Pinetop to Flagstaff to Sedona to Greer, there's a wealth of cool cabins to rent in Arizona this summer. Here are 10 favorite options.
- 4 drownings in 4 weeks: Maricopa County Sheriff's Office urges lake safety as Memorial Day approachesby Arizona Republic on May 21, 2022 at 4:34 am
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office urged Arizonans to practice water safety following the fourth drowning-death within the last month.
- An Arizona Gila monster video went viral on TikTok. Here's everything that's wrong with itby Arizona Republic on May 20, 2022 at 7:33 pm
A Gila monster showed up in a Tucson man's garage and the video of him removing it said all kinds of things about the reptile. Here's the truth.
- Everything to know about Gila monsters, including what to do if you're bittenby Arizona Republic on May 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Did you know that the Gila monster is one of only two venomous lizards in North America? Here are more cool facts about this elusive reptile.
- Best hotel water parks around Phoenix: 7 resorts where families can surf, slide, splashby Arizona Republic on May 19, 2022 at 1:45 pm
If you're looking to spend a hot summer day in Phoenix at a hotel with a water park, Great Wolf Lodge, JW Marriott and Arizona Grand have you covered.
- Condor's Phoenix-Germany flights are back. Here's where you can go from Sky Harbor Airportby Arizona Republic on May 18, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Condor's service between Phoenix and Frankfurt, Germany, resumes on May 21 from Sky Harbor Airport. The flights were discontinued during the pandemic.
- This favorite Sedona hike has flowers and iconic rock formations. Here's how to do itby Arizona Republic on May 18, 2022 at 1:00 pm
The Little Horse Trail is a favorite Sedona hike for lots of reasons: scenery, proximity to Bell Rock and a bonus side trip to Chicken Point.
- This favorite Sedona hike has flowers and iconic rock formations: Photosby Arizona Republic on May 18, 2022 at 1:00 pm
The beloved Little Horse Trail is a favorite Sedona hike for lots of reasons: scenery, proximity to Bell Rock and a side trip to Chicken Point.
- Skip the Grand Canyon traffic jams this summer by riding the free shuttle. Here's howby Arizona Republic on May 16, 2022 at 1:01 pm
Don't waste hours waiting to get into the South Rim and searching for a parking spot. Here's how to ride the free Grand Canyon shuttle this summer.
- Triple-digit temps this weekend in Phoenix? Here are ways to stay safe and keep your coolby Arizona Republic on May 13, 2022 at 8:37 pm
The Phoenix weather forecast is for 104 degrees and lots of sun. Use these tips to avoid heat-related illnesses when you're out having fun.
- What causes a crested saguaro cactus? Here's everything to know about these gnarled giantsby Arizona Republic on May 12, 2022 at 1:09 pm
The saguaro cactus is an Arizona icon. A few develop twisted, fan-shaped tops. Here's what's special about the crested - or cristate - saguaro.
- Crested saguaro cactuses in the Arizona desert: Photosby Arizona Republic on May 12, 2022 at 1:37 am
The odd fan-shaped growth at the top of a crested saguaro baffles even the experts. Here are some crested cactuses spotted in Arizona.
- This hike near Payson is a not-too-tough way to reach the East Verde River. Here's howby Arizona Republic on May 9, 2022 at 1:00 pm
There's a lot to see on this hilly but not too tough route to the East Verde River, like mountain views and flowers blooming most of the year.
- Arizona's East Verde River: Photos of hiking to itby Arizona Republic on May 9, 2022 at 1:00 pm
There's a lot to see on this hilly but not too tough route to the East Verde River: mountain views everywhere and flowers blooming most of the year.